Friday, January 08, 2010

Pass the Velcro Please

We have been increasingly concerned regarding Jim's problems with his short term memory.  The final straw for me was when he forget where he left me in Walmart after he went to the powder room.  Fortunately for me I was able to intercept him on his way to the car. 

Yesterday Jim went to see our family doctor, who gave him the Montreal Cognitive Test (click here).  Jim scored 25 out of 30.  From everything I've read, if someone scores under 26 they are started immediately on the drugs.  However, our doctor wants to wait six months and test him again and see if he is any worse. 

So for my own peace of mind, I plan to stick like glue to Jim in any public place.  I'm still working on the details for using the powder room!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From experience(!), just a tip on men's rooms - choose one for Jim with only one exit!
Hugs freda