Monday, January 11, 2010

From the Throne

Any of you who have had to undergo an exploration of your nether regions will certainly understand why I am spending most of my day in the Powder Room, where I have installed a small table and my mini laptop.  Tomorrow I have a colonoscopy scheduled, so today I'm limited to drinking fluids along with the prescription packets which are designed to drain you from top to bottom, with varying degrees of force and urgency.

Besides playing lots of Pogo games for my brain exercise, I spent several hours watching videos about FTD  Click Here   and was most interested in how my symptoms seemed to correspond very closely to those presented in Semantic Dementia.  So of course I had to do more research on this subject, and came across one very informative website.  I have copied the website and the information onto a new page at my simplesite.com website  HERE

3 comments:

aj said...

Hello Mary,

I am very sorry to here of your situation, however, your positive attitude and approach are an inspiration to all.

I am a nursing student in Canada currently working on an Alzheimers project. I would appreciate the opportunity to include some of your comments as a way to provide others with some insight to this terrible disease and its effects on individuals.

I wish you and your family a Happy New Year and thank-you for sharing.

Amanda

Marie Sykes and Michelle Stafford said...

Mary,

I just got a note in my Google Alerts about your blog since you mention FTD. My stepfather was diagnosed with FTD at the age of 47. It is so brave of you to discuss your journey as you learn and seek a diagnosis. Thank you for sharing. We have a website, if you are interested in viewing it. www.anevolutionoflove.com

Thanks again for sharing!

Michelle Stafford

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary,
I do hope all will go well for you with the procedure today.
Maybe you can celebrate afterwards with a visit to the chinese buffet - you will have 2 days nutrition to replace!
Just off now to see the FTD video and look at the new website you found.
Thankyou
Hugs freda
p.s. loved the 'Winter Poem'......