Monday, January 04, 2010

"A gloomy spirit rots the bones; but a merry heart is like good medicine."

Jim and I had a wonderful weekend with my brother and sister and their families at my brother Dave's in Ottawa.  Our son Ralph and family were able to join us as well.  

I thoroughly enjoyed a game of canasta with six of us playing.  That was the first time I've played with actual people.  My previous canasta experience was with Robots on Pogo.


Besides providing Jim and I with our own quiet apartment that I could retire to, Dave and Margaret also had a table set up in a quiet room where we enjoyed our dinner away from all the children.  

This seemed to be the ideal set up for family gatherings.  I didn't experience the usual overload  that I've had before.  And I'm looking forward to my next Canasta Game with non-robots!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an ideal arrangement Mary.Hugs Freda