Monday, March 29, 2010

Back to Square One

After five nights of burning legs and muscle spasms, we've decided not to try any more of the Pool Therapy.  These are the same leg issues I experience if I've gone anywhere without my walker, done any exercise as in riding my bike, or enjoyed a whirlpool tub.  Since the whirlpool tub isn't using any muscles it really points to nerve stimulation.  This leads us back to peripheral neuropathy which is the term for damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system.  Common symptoms are muscle weakness, cramps, and spasms. Loss of balance and coordination may also occur.  So we're back to Square One...and we'll keep looking for help, or a painless way to get to Square Two!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Mary......very frustrating as well as painful.........you are better looking than Esther Williams (?that swimmer film star) tho'!
Hugs freda

Anonymous said...

So sorry Mary....square one is not the place to be. Boo hoo.

Hugs,
Sandy