Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Only women would understand

Over the past few days, vague memories keep popping into my head of people who spoke to me after the Changing Melody.  In particular, a young lady who I think may have been part of the Planning Committe, came and hugged me and asked if she could be my daughter, since I only have five sons.  For the life of me I can't imagine why I didn't abduct her right right then and there and bring her home with me.  I had been lamenting earlier to my sister and sister in law, that I had no one to pluck the errant hairs and whiskers that seem to plague us women once we reach our senior years.  So far I'm still able to recognize and dispose of these unsightly tricks of nature, but the pictures I'm envisioning of myself when I'm no longer able, are not pretty!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, Mary!
You've got such a great sense of humor. Thank goodness I have a daughter...she caught a 'wild' hair on my jaw recently. My son would probably just laugh if he saw it! lol
Of course, men just let the ear/nose hair hang out & they still think they're the answer to women's prayers. lol