Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Lowering cholesterol

My friend Linda emailed me after reading on my blog that I've once again stopped taking the statin drug and shared the following:

My friend who lives in New Hampshire is a nurse who was diagnosed with high cholesterol.  Her friend suggested that instead of taking any of the statins she try taking three whole yellow peas daily.  Her friend said that the same chemical as found in the statins was in the peas.  So she left the drugs on the shelf and started taking the peas.  When she returned to the doc to have her levels checked a few months later the doc was please to report that her numbers where back within the safe range.

Wouldn't that be totally amazing if it works?  I'm off to find a supply of yellow peas!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are these yellow peas fresh or are they dried?
Loved the 'ducks in heaven' and the 'housework' ~ specially since trying to vacuum today!!
Hugs Freda (on pc so not trying too hard!!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary....what about those yellow peas??? I never heard of them. Did you find any?

Hugs,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

I've read quite a bit of anecdotal research about statin drugs causing dementia in susceptible individuals. My mom, who is just now being diagnosed with FTD, began to have symptoms after being put on Lipitor and they skyrocketed after being switched to simvastatin. She has just recently stopped taking them. What are your thoughts on statins?