Monday, May 31, 2010

My Urgencies

We had a lovely visit at Jim's Moms near Ottawa on Saturday.  The company, the weather and the traffic were all near perfect.  My brain even behaved itself almost perfectly!  I enjoyed a quiet day yesterday, and tried not to bug Jim too much.  I am struggling with this uncontrollable urgency to get things done at our summer home. Jim has been plugging away at our "To Do" list, in between his grass cutting and bike riding.  These are all time consuming jobs like wash and wax the trailer, clean the awning, install new baseboards, fix the rotten back door, and install new weather seal on the tips outs. Unfortunately all these tasks require Jim's expertise, and all I can do is sit and worry about them.  Oh well, maybe we'll win the lottery and I can hire a handyman for a week.  In the meantime, I think I'll tackle painting the deck....this should keep me out of Jim's hair for a bit!  Now...what interesting color would I like to paint it this year?

No comments: