Sunday, May 16, 2010

More Changes

I've enjoyed my camping experiences since I was a very young girl, when Dad borrowed an old tent and we had our first camping adventure.  Over the years I graduated from tents, to tent trailers, to camper van, to small trailers, then bigger trailers and we've been enjoying our old 40 footer with two tip outs now for nine years.  This year I'm really struggling with getting my brain to accept that when camping you share your space with many creepy crawlies.  We've had several day visits this year, but on Friday we came and spent the night.  By late Saturday afternoon my anxiety level was riding on High, and we decided to head for home, where I shed my clothes and hopped into the shower to try and get feeling clean again (I wasn't actually dirty!)  We're back at the trailer today, and we'll just play it by ear....and see if my brain pops back into its greased groove.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

'I'm gonna wash that bug right outta my van!' ~ what was that actress' name in South Pacific ~ Mitzi Gaynor!
Lovely memories of your camping adventures,Mary.
Well done with that 'Mother's Day' walking too.
Hugs freda

karen said...

Good luck on the camping. Creepy crawlies are not good anytime. And in any mind. I do hope you have fun. I have some nice camping memories too. They can't be beat.