Monday, December 21, 2009

The excitement in my life!

We had decided this year it was time to simplify things for me, and we gave each son a cheque to buy a family gift.  Yesterday, while downstairs doing laundry, another resident was telling me about all the gifts she had gotten for the grandkids.  Hearing the excitement in her voice, I decided we really needed to go out and buy one gift for each of the seven little grandkids we'll be spending Christmas with.  I really needed some of that excitement!

After speaking to one of our sons, it was decided pajamas would be an excellent gift for all of them...and off we went to our local little department store here in Picton, with my list clutched tightly in my fingers. 

I would locate just the right thing for one of the kids, with the perfect hockey design or little Princess emblem, but it would be in the wrong size for the child I was thinking of.  At the end of half an hour, my brain was totally scrambled, and Jim brought me home to recuperate. 

I did end up with seven pairs of pj's....hopefully in the correct size.....and I got all the shopping excitement I needed this Christmas!

No comments: