Thursday, July 07, 2011

A funny thing happened on the way....

I was scootering over to the recycle bin with my bag full of goodies when I had a brainwave that maybe I should just toodle up the laneway to the neighbours where Jim was cutting grass while they're on vacation.  Now the laneway is about 1/2 mile to the highway, and I was totally loving that I could be whizzing merrily along at top speed of about 5 miles per hour, when something flew into my mouth.  Now with my demented brain, it takes a wee tad longer trying to figure out what you should be doing about it.  I finally stopped my vehicle, and without losing my dentures, managed to spit whatever it was out.  Not, unfortunately, before it manage to sting me twice...on the tongue and at the back of my mouth.  So then I'm hurridly driving up to where Jim was cutting grass, hoping I wouldn't go into anaphylactic shock or any such thing!  So here I am, living to tell about it....and vowing to now keep my mouth tightly shut...or wear a face helmet.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do hope you are ok now and have your insect screens in place!
Take care - you are precious to us all!
Hugs Freda

Anonymous said...

Oh for heaven sake! I am so glad you did not loose your dentures and are able to let your fingers do the speaking for you. Hope you are doing ok now and continue your adventures.

Hugs....Sandy