Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Processing Problems Again

I was very excited to be attending my first "Cooking with Chef Cortwright" yesterday at the 55+ Activity Center next door.  Cortwright is the chef who prepares the Meals on Wheels for the Napanee area.  He demonstrated how to prepare various dishes including Beef Wellington, stuffed tomatoes, baked zuccinni, breaded cod fillets, microwaved potatoes and liver and onions.  Then we all enjoyed a plate full of all the prepared foods, and it was absolutely delicious.  Unfortunately after 3 hours of sitting in the kitchen with the big fan roaring, the walk-in freezer and the two large fridge motors running, and listening to his running commentary, my brain had reached the saturation point and I was anxious to get home to my quiet space.
I had thought I might join the beginners exercise group, but I discovered they play music and it's an incredibly noisy environment.  I plan to check out the yoga class in two weeks, and see how that goes.  I have discovered though that I can volunteer once a month and help fold the 2500 newsletters with no problem!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And another Wow! We have a lovely lady to cook at our 55+ but ...... does your chef put his recipes on line please?

Anonymous said...

By the way, I did suggest to Cortwright, our chef, that he put his recipes on their website, and he agreed that was a great idea. So I'll let you know if I see them online!