Thursday, September 30, 2010

I'm just back from spending 4 days at our son Ralph's near Ottawa, doing 'grandma' duties.  Ralph was away for the week, and Lisa worked 2 day shifts at the hospital, so I had to be the before and after school grandma.  I managed just fine, except their house has stairs!  I had totally forgotten why I never do stairs...but the burning legs soon reminded me!  It has been awhile since I've done any Dr. Seuss reading, but it soon came back to me.....and I even got to help stitch a blanket and pillow for a mouse bed.  Jim manged fine at home without me.  He did mention that now we only have one doily on our dry sink, because when he was vacuuming one disappeared into the vacuum wand.  Another trip to the Dollar Store is in order!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you be my Grandma please?
Any Jim who does the vacuuming can have as many doilies as he can vacuum up, in my book!

Anonymous said...

Grandma duties.....yipeee....don't ya love em! Now....rest those legs while Jim vacums..lol

Hugs....Sandy