Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and a late Happy Hanukkah to all my friends and relatives.
This month has totally skated by as if on speedskates.  Several times I've begun to write a new entry, but when recollecting my thoughts, I think of something else I need to attend to, and off I go again before I can post to my journal.  Our turkey dinner here at the apartment was a huge success with 27 attending, and the catered meal is still the talk of the building.  Jim and I had an early Christmas dinner with his family in Ottawa, and tomorrow is Christmas with two of our sons in Newcastle.  In my spare time I'm down in the common room working on the jigsaw and chatting with neighbours.  Our common room is slowly becoming a meeting place and lots of friendships are being made.  
I would like to wish you all much love and happiness throughout this happy season, and I'll be back next year!

2 comments:

karen said...

Sounds like a nice place to live. I am going to cook a ham tomorrow . I was not going to cook but found out my son was going to be home and not at his girlfriends like most holidays so I ran out and got a ham . Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

Mary..it pleases me to see you are keeping busy and enjoying it. May your New Year continue with accomplishments and good health.
Hugs,
Sandy