Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Shades of the future?


For the past month I’ve been very busy implementing our new phone system using Magic Jack, which runs through our computer, thus enabling us to say goodbye to the high prices of regular phone service.  Yesterday, for some unexplained reason, I experienced a period of total confusion, and I had no idea what Magic Jack was when Jim mentioned it.  And I started to read him an email from his sister which he said I had read to him five minutes earlier.  Since we had planned a trip to our apartment to pick up a few things, we decided to stop at the hospital on our way, just to make sure I hadn’t experienced a small stroke.  The doctor decided it was just a natural progression of my disease, and was going to contact my neurologist to let her know.  I’m not sure I agree with the doctor's diagnosis, and feel I may have had an Transient ischemic attack, but what do I know!  Anyways, I’m back to my normal self today….which is good!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary,

NO not a TIA, better hope not for they will make things go faster, I experience these moments often they are part of our disease my friend. Sorry to say they become more frequent I am sorry you have reached this point.

God Bless,
Joe

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean Mary.
When I fell off the bus (it had stopped)for no obvious reason, I felt it may be a TIA.
How can anyone tell?
I'm attending a Falls Awareness Day tomorrow - I don't know what they can do to help with my balance!
Keep your fingers crossed they don't ask me to stand on one leg!! :) Lol!
Hugs freda

Anonymous said...

Sorry Mary, I have to agree with Joe. They are the not so good days. I am hoping you will have many good days and only a now and then not so good day. Love ya lots and giving hugs.

Sandy