Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter and Passover

We've had a few busy days with family visits and tonight we're having a dinner catered at our apartment.  I imagine Jim and I will take our own plates of food down with us as I'm sure there's not likely to be a thing we can eat with our funny diet.  We've discovered we can make some really nice flat breads in the George Foreman grill, and now I'm just experimenting with various flours to see what works best.  We made our first batch of ice cream yesterday, using coconut milk, strawberries and honey.  It was delicious.  Today I've made a coconut icecream.  I still have to try one using carob powder to give us our chocolate fix.  I do find I have to have a brain break quite often, or I start doing really wierd things in the kitchen! Oopss...brain quiver there....wierd should be "weird"! Yep!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary, how about a recipe section on this site for your successful 'experiments' ~ that ice-cream sounds delish and the flatbreads would be good!!! Hugs freda

karen said...

The ice cream sounds good. My son loves coconut. I needed a choc fix the other day and made brownies. Not healthy ones fattening ones. Than I got an easter basket yesterday full of candy . So if I was on a good diet it is shot this week. Have a great get together with your neighbors.

Anonymous said...

Mary...everything you mentioned sounds yummy. Do enjoy your get together. Let me know the difficulty of preparing some of these goodies...I am not good at sequencing.

Hugs,
Sandy

Joseph Potocny said...

Mary & Jim,

Just so you know I love the both of you. Miss you guys on skype. Doc Sivak is now on to. Brain quirries, I have them quite often, but what would life be withouth them.

God Bless,
joe