Friday, April 23, 2010

STILL ALICE

Oh my.....everyone needs to read this book.....STILL ALICE  by Lisa Genova.   I laughed and I cried, and I'm still tingling!  You can check it out at this website:  http://stillalice.com/
I actually met Lisa Genova in the chatroom several years ago...and we enjoyed many lovely chats.  Now I should mention that several years ago I was advised to make a photo book, so that when I could no longer speak, I could point to a picture of what I was wanting.  So I had this really neat photo book on my computer, called Mary's Things.  It had pictures of rooms in the house, including the toilet, clothes I liked to wear, places I liked to visit.  I even had pictures of my favorite food, along with the recipe to make it.  However, after reading STILL ALICE, it dawned on me that at some point I may not remember how to use my computer to point at the various pictures.  So I purchased a 3-ring binder and some plastic inserts, and I'll now start cutting out the various pictures I need for my new Mary's Things book.  Oh yes...my new binder has Butterflies all over it...and you'll understand the significance of that after you've read STILL ALICE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Mary, this is a wonderful book.
Your ring-binder is a good idea.
A memory box is also good and/or a memory collage for a wall-hanging.
Hugs
freda

Anonymous said...

Hello Mary....I read Still Alice..it was a long time ago. I must read it again to find those butterflies. You know what it is like with remembering. I have a memory book I have kept for sometime now for my grandkids. Now I need to start one for me.
Happy Memories
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hola Mary,
This is Lynda from Waterbury, CT..

I did read the book, it was great!! Have you ever watched "Iris" by iris murdoch? It's about a college profesor that has Alzheimer's, it's a good movie..
Take care, hugs,
Lynda