Thursday, February 25, 2010

Our new hospital

We had a chance to check out our new hospital here in Napanee on Tuesday.  I've been experiencing episodes of shortness of breath over the last several months.  I was going to refer to them as "short lived", however that sounded rather "terminal", so I'll just say they didn't last terribly long. On Tuesday the problem wasn't going away, even with a short walk outside in the cool temperatures.  Our hospital, which has undergone major renovations, is just behind our apartment.  After a short wait while enjoying the Olympics on the 37" TV screen, we were escourted into our emergency cubicle, where our nursing practitioner, Kathy, took charge.  Three hours later, after an ECG, chest xray, and blood work, it was determined I had an inflammation of my airways, and was prescribed a five day dosage of prednisone, corticosteroid inhaler, and salbutamol inhaler.  I was also instructed to see our family doctor and ask for a referral to the Respiratory Clinic in Kingston.  I guess 47 years of smoking might not have been such a good idea, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so pleased this was sorted out for you Mary and your meds will help enormously.
Hugs freda
(think the hospital passed the test too,which is good)